Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My diaper bag

I found a cute pattern for a diaper bag by Amy Butler and had planned for months to make that bag. However, this bag took a ton of fabric and was really really huge. When I say huge I mean 2 feet wide. If you know me and have seen my many bags you know I like to make them and most of them are rather large. Making bags is like an instant gradification (however its spelled). It only takes me about 3 hours on average to make a bag. Many of them are done the same way. I love to make quilts, but they take longer, though the pride in getting one done is a lot better than a bag, it takes more money and time.


This last weekend I went to SLC and while I was there I spent some time with Amy, my sis, and we went to Pine Needles, a great quilt shop at Gardner Village in South Jordan. We came across an adorable bag that was already made. We both loved it. We looked at the pattern and it didn't take to much fabric and it had a ton of pockets. We began the search for fabric. Wow did that take us forever, or I should say me. Amy kept finding all these fabrics that were cute, but I just couldn't decide. First I couldn't decide which diaper bag I was going to make then it was the fabric. If you've ever been to a quilt shop you know that the amount of fabric is sometimes overwhelming and you could look around for hours, which I have ask Joanne. To make it short I finally decided on my fabric. I made it yesterday and it didn't really take me that long. Sometimes the directions stumped me, but I figured them out. It actually was one of the easiest bags I have ever made and I love it. It isn't a bottomless pit like the other diaper bag would have been and like Amy pointed out I will probably only take what I need instead of a bunch of junk.
The finished bag very adorable, I know.

This is the inside with the pockets. I borrwowed one of my friends bottles and measured it for a pocket and there is a pocket that fits diapers and about 4 others. On the bottom I covered a piece of cardboard from a diaper box to make a flat bottom. I can't wait to use it.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is soooo cute!!! You really need to sell your stuff online... You could be rich :)

analee hirschi said...

that is adorable and great job on making it. I love it!

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

I am super impressed! You are so crafty! And PS, I want one of those for baby #4! (No, that wasn't an announcement)

Michele said...

Adorable! I wish I had your talent.

Michelle said...

WAY CUTE!!! When is my bag coming

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

That is so darling!!! I would like to try it, but I'm SOOOOO afraid of stuff like that!