Thursday, September 9, 2010

My many projects

This summer has been full of projects for me to finish. I made Allie, yes the baby, a quilt and then finished a quilt for my cousin Ashley (I don't have a picture of her quilt). I also got all the flannel fabric out of my box and made recieving blankets and a car seat cover for Ashley.



Ashley's car seat cover.
Also in August my sister Joanne and her kids came and spent a week with me and my kids and while she was here I made another purse and a fall quilt to hang on my shelf, which she helped me put on the wall, Shelf and fall quilt. The fall letters I painted just yesterday.




Over the last month I have started to nest really bad. I have been freaking out that we don't have everything we need for the baby and that by the time we do I will only have 4 to 5 weeks left. Well last week we started to get things together. We drove down to SLC to get a dresser we saw on KSL and ended up coming home with a dresser Robert's mom had in her garage for who knows how long. It is pretty sturdy but was not pretty. This is a before picture after a little sanding and the drawers are around it waiting to be sanded. It took me two and a half days to do all the sanding because we got a new tv and I decided to paint our old entertainment unit and shelf to put in other places in the house. I have no before pics of them but they were both a black brown color and had a high gloss. I had some help from Audrey, but other than that I did it all by myself. Here are the end results of this week long project.


This is the dresser without the decor on it. Over the las couple of days I have painted Allie's name in blocks and also bought a changing pad and cover for the top of the dresser.
So these are the bumpers post on the bottom

Dresser with decor


Closer pic of Allie letters



This is the shelf that was in my living room as DVD storage and now is in Allie's room as more storage for her things.




This is our old entertainment unit that was very dark and took many coats of paint to get the right color.



One of my last projects was to make bumpers for the crib. Everyone I told said I was crazy and it was very hard, but I bought the pads at JoAnns fabrics precut and also with a pattern and made it to match her quilt.

4 comments:

Jana Perkins said...

You are awesome. What amazing transformations and beautiful creations. Great Job!

Michelle said...

you are hilarious! I would just like to clean out closets... paint/refinish furniture.. and pregnant! You are killing me. Allie's stuff is adorable.

Michelle said...

you are hilarious! I would just like to clean out closets... paint/refinish furniture.. and pregnant! You are killing me. Allie's stuff is adorable.

Smelly Moose said...

HOly cow!! That's a lot of projects! They all are SOOO cute! I wish I was crafty! :) Love the name allie too!!